Barge Cement has many uses, but we like to use it for quick fixes on Birkenstocks until you are ready to send them in for a Recraft or Resole.
- Reattaching straps that are separated from the sides of the footbed.
- Preventing a peeling footbed liner from peeling any more.
- Temporarily reattching sole material to the footbed.
- Filling in cracks in the cork footbed
- **Not ideal for the crack at the flexpoint that eventually develops in all Birkenstock footbeds.**
How to use:
- Apply Barge Cement to both surfaces you are intending to adhere and allow to dry for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Use pressure to apply and hold parts together and leave overnight to dry.
Barge Cement will not work on oily surfaces - so if you use your shoes in a greasy kitchen environment, this may not be the solution. Contact us regarding a Recraft/Resole.
If you are unsure if this will help, please reachout to our team with questions - photos are helpful.